Wednesday, June 30, 2010

day 2 - positivity

Today is my second day doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred program. Yesterday was rough. The workouts look so simple and easy - jumping jacks, then the girl version of push ups, then lunges, etc. I am beyond sore, I can barely walk. I haven't been this sore since hell week of volleyball in high school when we had three hour practices at the end of August in a gym with no air conditioning. This workout is 20 minutes, I should be able to handle that! I don't know how I'm going to do this workout again today and for the next 29 days. I'll keep an update going on this, hopefully by day 30 I will see some results!

Today my parents are here...














...in St. George. They went on a week long cruise to the Caribbean. Its really strange not being able to call my mom every day or see them at least once this week.

For some reason, this week has been less than stellar (maybe I just miss my parents?). I need to focus on some of the positive things...

1. I started a fitness program. Yes, its painful, but I have been meaning to do this for months and am so proud of myself for finally starting.

2. I have come up with some great ideas for invitations. I can't wait to get started on them and figure them all out. One of the ideas would be extremely time consuming and challenging, but amazing (oh, and very expensive to ship). Not sure if I could pull it off with all the other details I am planning for the actual event, but a modified version of it would be just as beautiful. I plan on meeting with some friends of mine to see if letterpress would fit in my budget, so exciting!

3. We found two great florists who understand our vision and are in our price range. Tough thing now is deciding between them.

4. Air conditioning. Sound silly, but it has been 110 this week and absolutely miserable outside. Thank goodness for A/C and swimming pools!

5. I feel inspired. The blogs I follow have been really great lately. Maybe its the whole 'I'm happy its summer' thing that all you midwesterners, east coasters and Californians feel.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Image via here

No comments:

Post a Comment