Tuesday, June 22, 2010

flowers






























Today my mom and I have another meeting with a florist. So far this has been one of the most overwhelming tasks of the entire wedding. I am finding it somewhat challenging to explain to a few of the florists the vision for our wedding. I keep telling them all I want romantic, elegant and organic looking flowers and arrangements with absolutely no (normal) roses or pink.

This is the bouquet I want (minus the wheat and anemones). When I look at this picture all I want to do is put on my wedding dress and carry this bouquet around. I have become obsessed with garden roses and peonies! It breaks my heart when the florists tell me peonies are impossible to get in early April, but a few say that its possible so there is some hope. I just can't find anything that compares to the gorgeous-ness of peonies and garden roses. They are absolutely perfect!

Image via Style Me Pretty


I am also loving these coral colored ranunculus for the bridesmaid's bouquets and table centerpieces to add a little pop of color (along with some sort of yellow). Those berries are pretty awesome too. I love the darker greenery that adds texture so it looks a little more natural.


This table setup is just so lovely. I have been using the flowers on this table as a way to show how I'd like the arrangements to look - free, organic and not compacted. Beautiful.

Image via Style Me Pretty

1 comment:

  1. don't worry about the peonies, they will be found. i asked for peonies and they told me it was too late in the season and somehow they got them!

    ReplyDelete