Thursday, June 24, 2010

thank you






























Yesterday was great. I had to go in to the office for a few hours for meetings, but when I got home, Mike had these gorgeous flowers waiting for me with a bottle of wine (from Chile, my favorite!) and a beautiful card. So sweet!

Mike was excited about the flowers because they are Phoenix Suns colors. :)






























For dinner, we met up with my parents and his parents at Barrio Cafe in Phoenix. We got the tableside guac and I had a margarita, it was delicious! My dad just had to tell them it was my birthday, so they brought out a flan dessert. Of course then my parents had to tell the story of when we went to a Mexican restaurant for my 10th birthday in New Mexico. They put a giant sombrero on me and brought out a mariachi band to sing to me. I was so incredibly embarrassed that I cried the entire time! I'll never live that down.

After dessert, our parents had me open gifts. My parents gave me a floor steam cleaner and I am beyond excited about it! Funny how things change as you get older. :) I have an overwhelming amount of tile in my house, so this will speed things up and maybe even make me excited about cleaning the floors? My brother and Brooke sent their gift with my parents, it was a few much wanted/needed things off of our Crate and Barrel registry! One of the items is a bedside carafe. I have wanted one for so long and I finally got one and used it last night - love it! And the funniest gift of the night was from Mike's parents. Actually it was the card. His mom loves to cut out faces and paste them on to different things which always makes for some humorous cards and gifts. This one was my favorite though. As I unfolded the card, this is what I found...






























Yup, thats Mike! Isn't he a cutie?

Thanks for the overwhelming amount of birthday wishes from everyone. I felt so special. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment