Thursday, December 16, 2010

table number dilemma

I hate to start another blog post like this, but I did it again...I have failed to keep up with my blogs. I think everyone is just overwhelmed this time of year with Christmas shopping, baking cookies, holiday events and parties, etc, etc. On top of all that, it is the busiest time of the year at work. Oh, and, um, we are planning a wedding and are less than four months away! Sorry to complain about how busy things are, I'm sure everyone else is just as busy, but it truly does explains my blogging absence. Unfortunately I have been horrible with keeping up with posts where I guest blog over here.

Since we are less than four months away, I have set a deadline for multiple projects of January first. Fortunately we have almost everything figured out as to what we are doing, we just have to do them. More posts in the future about all of those projects (I promise!).

The one thing we (I) are having a hard time deciding what to do with are the menus/name cards/napkins/table numbers. I thought I had it all figure out, but the wedding doubts have set in. I blame it on all the amazing wedding blogs I look at almost daily. First, the table numbers, that is probably the biggest unknown right now. Here are a few ideas I have found:



























We are making stained wood signs as mentioned in an earlier post, so my first thought was to make wood block table numbers to match. They would be kind of like this except dark stained wood and Mike would be drawing the numbers so they would look nicer. Then we remembered we'd need about 20 of them...not sure if we want to go through making 20.
Image via Wedding Chicks
























Then I thought it would be really nice to have the table number actually have a use at the table. I love the idea of having a wine bottle with the number or an olive oil bottle. Those two items would really fit the overall look and theme of the day and the venue.
Images via The Knot and PreOwned Wedding Dresses





























Our centerpieces are lush with lots of greenery and I thought it would be beautiful to tuck in the table numbers in the centerpieces. Only problem with that is half our tables are rectangular and it may look odd to have a table number on one side of the centerpiece and not the other. I'm a bit obsessive with symmetry. Maybe I can get over that because this really is beautiful.
Images via Dream Green Weddings and 100 Layer Cake

There are so many options! And once you decide on that, then its deciding on how to arrange the menus and name cards and the rest of the table. I have some ideas for those, so I'm sure it will all work out. It's just a matter of making decisions. Thank goodness I have an awesome MOH who is going to help me make some decisions about these things. Thanks Brooke!

2 comments:

  1. I love the numbers on the olive oil idea! Can't wait to see all of your careful planning come together in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I love the olive oil idea too, but the logistics of it don't make sense. We'd have to put an extra plate on the table at each setting and there just isn't room. :(

    ReplyDelete