Thursday, January 13, 2011

lace candleholder project


First of all, I've clearly established that I am not good at taking pictures of my projects, so bear with me. I only have a point and shoot camera and to make it worse, these were taken at night. Hopefully someday I can cross off number three on my list and improve my photography skills.

A few weeks ago (you can tell by the Christmas gifts in the third pic), I completed the project of making the lace candleholders for the reception. Actually, half of them will hold the bridesmaid bouquets on the dessert table, they will be the perfect size for that!

While doing this project, I got a pretty good method down, but it still involved my hands being sticky for a few days. Next time I need to wear gloves and have someone help me cut the lace (my scissors were full of adhesive by the end). All in all, I'm very happy with how they turned out! Now I just need to make 170 small lace votives...

No comments:

Post a Comment