Saturday, February 5, 2011

blessed beyond words



In less than two months, I will be Mrs. B and today I really felt like a bride. I was wearing white, had close friends and family around me and couldn't stop smiling. I can't even begin to describe how loved and blessed I felt today. Brooke, my mom and my bridesmaids really went all out to create such a gorgeous afternoon, I can't thank them enough! I don't have all the pictures yet, but they will be coming in a blog post in the next few days.

It seems like not long ago Brooke and I started coming up with ideas for the shower and searching through paper swatches for colors (but it does seem like her and my mom have been keeping secrets from me about this forever). Brooke had been shopping around for things for this party for a long time and had so much fun coming up with little creative things to do – I loved everything her and my mom came up with from using a wine bottle as a guest book to making homemade jam as favors to the delicious food we had. Brooke did such a wonderful job organizing the party and my mom showed us all once again how talented she really is. She made the table runners, most of the food, the jam for the favors, flower arrangements and an amazing gift for the wedding...she made me my garter that has a piece of my dress on it and lace from her own wedding dress. It is absolutely gorgeous! Yes, my mom is amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment