Thursday, April 14, 2011

welcome home



















Well hello there, we're back! Obviously a ton has happened since the last post in March. We had our rehearsal dinner, got married, saw tons of family, went on our honeymoon and when we got back, we celebrated Mike's Nana's entrance into her eternal home. I can't wait to post all about the details of everything from the welcome bags to the surprise at rehearsal dinner to the wedding details that I kept a secret to the incredible honeymoon we had. At the wedding in the above picture is Mike singing to me. That was the biggest surprise for me from the whole weekend! He had been practicing with his band without me knowing, got on stage and serenaded me with Michael Buble's song "Everything". It was beautiful to say the least!

And while we're on the topic of the wedding, we just want to give a huge THANK YOU to all of our friends and family for showing us so much love and support. Never in my life have I feel so loved and I know Mike feels the same. To all our vendors, WOW...you are definitely the best in your business! Everything was absolutely perfect and ran so smoothly. Our parents, Mike and I are still receiving compliments on how amazing the food was or how great the band and DJ were or how the photographers and videographers seemed to just be everywhere at just the right moment and really just how perfect everything was. We are so happy that our guests had a fabulous time!

While we loved every minute of our wedding weekend, time with family and our honeymoon, we are very excited to begin normal life and get settled into our house. Today is our first 'normal' day back, but normal is now not normal anymore. Normal is a million times better than the old normal! Everyone told me being married doesn't feel any different, but it is for us. We love each other more today than we ever thought possible. We know there will be difficult times, but we are loving married life and are ready to start our lives as husband and wife day after day after day after day.

I promise there will be more posts later on every detail! I will post on everything from the wedding itself (once we get our professional pictures) and we will post our wedding trailer video in the coming weeks too. And now that we are getting into a new normal life, we will be posting about our adventures as newlyweds. We will also be updating the entire look of this blog once we have more time (work is crazy right now for me!).

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I can't wait to see details. And I agree with you, married life is amazing. Yes, there are rough times but they bring you closer and strengthen your bond of love. After 6 years of marriage I can honestly say that it gets better every year! Marrying your best friend is such a blessing and I am so happy you have eachother!

    ReplyDelete