Tuesday, July 12, 2011

bringing paper back

























Believe it or not, I used to be a good writer and I enjoyed it. Years ago I kept a journal. It was something I looked forward to doing at the end of a long or emotional day (because high school is pretty emotional for everyone, isn't it?). I never really stayed consistent with writing or journaling though because I would get so critical of my handwriting or the book itself and on a few occasions, I even rewrote entries in a nicer handwriting...which kind of makes no sense at all, but I guess that was the designer in me.

Lately I've been finding myself writing long intense blog posts only to delete them and not publish them because I realize I don't want all those thoughts out there for everyone to read (such a tease, aren't I?). So, I'm going to start writing and journaling again. I think it will feel so refreshing to get a pen to paper since now all I do is sit in front of a computer screen all day. No one can judge what I say, how I say it or critique my writing style. Just me and my thoughts.

So now I have to find just the right journal to write in. Sounds like an easy task, but I'm a little crazy when it comes to paper, books, pens and such....this kind of relates to the rewriting I used to do. A true designer would make their own book, but I'm not THAT crazy. ;) Any recommendations for nice blank books?

Oh and I wouldn't mind writing at a desk like in the picture above....with a gorgeous view like that. Doesn't it just look so homey?
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment