Monday, May 21, 2012

Leila's 11th Birthday

This past weekend we celebrated our niece, Leila's 11th birthday! Saturday she had her birthday party with a few friends from school. Brooke and I took them out for a "Girl's Day" complete with shopping, a fancy lunch, cheesecake and pedicures. It was so much fun, I'm glad I got to be a part of it! Then yesterday we had a family party for Leila at my parents house (our house too, I guess). It was a really fun day, here's how it went.

The night before, my mom and I made a surprise birthday cake for Leila. Well, my mom made the cake and I made the mini bunting for the cake topper.
We had a little frosting and sprinkle stealer on our hands. Good thing we got pictures before he could reach the cake!

We had a really delicious lunch complete with all the birthday girl's favorites - ribs, homemade mac and cheese and corn on the cob. After dinner we sang to the birthday girl and had cake. Birthday candles seem to come in a 10 pack, so she now only gets a candle for each year after 10 (plus we didn't want the bunting to catch fire!).

The birthday girl got to open her presents and was so shocked and excited that she got an iPhone! She had been hoping for an iPod touch, but just couldn't believe she got an iPhone. My parents got her a new swimming suit for the summer, we got her the blue case for her phone and she also got another suit and gift cards (the girl loves to swim!).

We also spent quite a bit of time yesterday at the pool and just having fun and being silly.

What do you think, could we pass for celebrities? ;)

After a long day of swimming, having fun and eating sugar, we were all tired out. We spent the afternoon snuggling and watching movies before heading to dinner at Arcadia Tavern.

Leila had so much fun celebrating her birthday and so did we. We love that girl so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment