Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

On Saturday I turned 27 (yikes!). I'm feeling a little weird about officially being in my late 20's, but I had such a fun weekend celebrating with friends and family. We literally celebrated all weekend and have one more birthday get together this coming week with Mike's family. I love birthday season! :)

Just a few highlights:
- Outlet shopping in Anthem, got some great finds!
- We did a "Tour de Joe's" as my dad calls it. Went to all three of Joe's restaurants in Gilbert for my free birthday meal
- Beckett's Table for our date night birthday dinner - so delicious!
- Mike got me a house charm for my Pandora bracelet, so sweet!
- My mom made a Schaum torte for my birthday "cake" and it was the best thing ever. Its a giant meringue puff with lemon filling and whipped cream on top. We'll definitely be having this again!
- My family gave me gift cards and fun money cash for guilt-free shopping. :) Nate and Brooke gave me a card to Ulta so I could get the Naked2 makeup palette. We ran right over there, picked it up (stopped at Gap of course and had some great finds, hehe) and went home and tried it out. Love it!
- Skinnygirl margs & pina coladas
- Got one of those plastic drink cups that I've been wanting for quite a while along with a tortilla warmer. Simple things, but I'm so excited about them. :) Thanks mom and dad!

Now that I'm closer to 30 than 20, I'm feeling a bit of that "clock ticking." People keep telling me I'm so young still, etc, etc, but we're really feeling a huge transition this summer into more responsibility and developing our own thing for ourselves. We're so ready for this next part of our lives to start!

Please excuse my grossness during our "tour de Joe's" trip. We had gone to see our house before and were sweating out in the 110 degree heat for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment