Monday, October 29, 2012

Farmer's Market, Brunch and a DIY

Lately Mike has been working a ton (music at night and teaching during the day). It's been great since the summer was a bit slow, but that means we have less time with each other, especially at the typical times that couples are usually together. Since the weather is so nice and my goal has been to slow down a bit, we decided to head to the Gilbert Farmer's Market and eat brunch at Postinos afterwards. It was so nice to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather and each other. (We just love the patio at Postinos in Gilbert, we want to have trellises in our backyard like in the picture and you can almost see the green tile fireplace that I just love behind Mike...inspiration everywhere!)


Saturday afternoon I finally got around to making our fall wreath for the front door. My mom and I had taken a trip to Hobby Lobby last week to gather supplies for fall decor. Sometimes its so difficult to find decor there that I like, but once you modify it and take it out of all the clutter in the store, it looks pretty good! This wreath cost about $27 in supplies. I bought a twig wreath (not in the fall decor and used a coupon), one leaf garland (also not in the fall decor and also used a coupon on this) and then picked up a few berry and mixed sprays in the fall area. I took the sprays apart so they weren't clustered up. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Now for all the other seasons I can take these items off and use Christmas/winter, spring and summer items!

No comments:

Post a Comment