Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend, Mike had an out-of-town wedding in Tucson, so I spent a bit of time alone and with my family. Before he left, we went to the hospital to visit with our new nephew Cruz and our sister-in-law Tana. Cruz is the sweetest little baby, I just loved snuggling with him!

On Saturday I spent some time cooking and packaging up meals to bring over to Steve and Tana. My sister-in-law Brooke also made a few meals, so together we loaded them up with nearly a week's worth of goodies. It was really fun getting all the meals together, but also so difficult not to eat any of it! I have decided that during the weekends and nights that Mike is gone, I will start making freezer meals and prep food in advance for ourselves...that is if I can get away from the tv and off the sofa. ;)

Saturday night I went with my sister-in-law, parents, niece and nephew to their neighborhood's fall festival. It was really fun hanging out with my not-so-little nephew and hearing all of the funny new things he is saying and watching my niece be a pre-teen girl (hang out with her group of friends and get chased around by boys). I can't believe how fast they have grown up!

When Mike got back into town, we made a delicious dinner of ribs, sweet potatoes and our new favorite side, grilled veggies. Seriously, they are so easy, all you do is cut them up into big chunks, coat them with some olive oil, salt and pepper and lay them on the grill until they have nice grill marks and are soft. Best tasting veggie side ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment