Friday, March 8, 2013

Thoughts on 15 weeks


Today we are 15 weeks pregnant and although we are doing belly shots every other week (thank goodness because I look and feel terrible today after a 3am sickness last night, ugh!), I have so many thoughts about baby lately.

Monday we had an ultrasound and while the ultrasound tech didn't give us any indication of boy or girl, it made me even more curious on what Baby B is! Up until that point I was definitely curious, but not like this. I've become obsessed with google searching ultrasound pictures at 14 weeks and seeing what boy and girl ones look like and comparing them to the few ultrasound pictures that we have. Baby did show us their booty and "goods" area, so it gave me a slight feeling, but ultrasounds can be so hard to read and I'm definitely no expert! Plus I hear all these things about the nub up or down, the shape of the skull, etc, etc and it's all really confusing. I really don't think any of those are right.

I go through days where I most definitely want a girl and then the next day I so badly want a boy. We want both eventually so really we don't have a preference one way or the other, but I just hate not knowing (or being able to plan much!). Yesterday we talked more about names, something we had kind of put off, and we may have come up with our top boy and girl names! I am so in love with them and can't wait to know boy or girl so we can really start to feel a connection to the name. Right now we decided not to share our names with anyone, maybe that will change once we finalize it, but that may not be until baby is born! I'm terrible at keeping things like this a secret though, so we'll see how long it actually lasts. ;)

While it's so fun to try to figure out if baby is a boy or girl and to get everyone's guesses, we just can't wait to meet our baby and shower them with love! We started planning our gender reveal party that we're throwing for family and I came across those cupcake toppers and just love the phrase. While some people have ideas of boy vs girl and I go through phases of wanting one over the other, we all love baby so much either way! This is one lucky kid here, he or she has some pretty awesome grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles who can't wait to meet him/her. :)

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment