Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Happenings

This past week and weekend have been a very productive one! Thursday we had a meeting with our insurance agent (got us signed up for term life insurance, woohoo!) and since his office is less than a mile from my Grandma's house, we stopped by to visit and pick some oranges. She has a giant orange tree in her backyard that has been there since they moved into that house in the 70's. My brother and I would climb that tree growing up, so I have a lot of memories in that backyard. Mesa is known for citrus trees (the school I went to while growing up was built on an orange grove!), so orange blossoms and trees scream springtime to me.
Also on Thursday, Mike finished painting our bathroom. I have to say, it is so nice not having it a plain stark white. We chose a beautiful dusty blue color that we plan on carrying through with accents (and hints of yellow and navy) in the bedroom. Speaking of, next up to paint is the bedroom! We chose a warm gray/taupe that coordinates with the color we have in the rest of the house.
On Friday, Mike put together the baby's crib (we got this one that I was eyeing!) and I have to say, I just love walking in there and seeing it! Mike has seriously been in full on extreme motivated and nesting mode. I love it!

On Saturday I met up with my mom at the mall to do some shopping. It was so fun picking out bright spring/summer outfits for her and I was getting such a high from finding awesome deals for her. :) My parents are going on a cruise this week, so she will have plenty of time to wear her new stuff including the white capri pants she got from Loft that I became obsessed with. Seriously, everything goes with white! We went to a few maternity stores and I tried on some stuff, but wasn't loving much. I'm in such an in between phase where my last pair of regular pants are on their way out, but maternity stuff still isn't totally necessary or fitting properly. Plus we're in that in between winter/spring phase with weather, so that makes it even harder. I had placed an Old Navy maternity order that came in that day, but unfortunately had to return a dress and denim shorts. I couldn't believe how terrible the fit on the dress was, it's like it was a non-maternity dress with a band going right across the middle of the belly. Horrible! Fortunately the black maxi skirt fit perfectly (and is oh so comfy!). I'm determined to find denim maternity shorts that fit well, so I splurged (splurge for me I guess) and got some from Gap. I needed my order to hit $50 for free shipping and since the shorts were on sale, I wasn't quite there. That means I just HAD to get this adorable striped maxi skirt I've been eyeing. ;) Hoping they both fit, I would wear these a ton!
Sunday we spent the day relaxing, cleaning the house a bit and doing some grocery shopping for the week. That night we had a belated birthday celebration for Mike's dad at their house. It was so fun seeing everyone and playing with the kids. I missed out on pics of the babies, but Isaiah is crawling and Cruz is rolling over! Baby is going to have so much fun playing with his/her cousins.

For Dan's birthday, we were all told he likes Famous Amos cookies and wanted the big box from Costco. Well, all three sons listened and look what he ended up with! :)
Here's to the start of another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment