Friday, June 21, 2013

3rd Trimester Gratefulness

This third trimester has not been nice to us so far. We started it with our night at the ER and exhaustion from not sleeping at all and I hate to say that it is not getting much better. I'm fully recovered from whatever kind of stomach bug I had, but things are just slowing down. The nausea and pure exhaustion is back, but this time there's also excruciatingly painful leg cramps in the middle of the night, bruised ribs and strong painful kicks from baby. I may not be massive yet, but I feel huge and can barely get myself up from sitting down. Oh and the hormones? Ya, those are on a whirlwind of a roller coaster. Whoever said to stock up on your sleep while you're pregnant must have had a breeze of a pregnancy.

While all this can be somewhat depressing, I'm glad I have my mom there to remind me of the good things to come in the next 10 weeks. Our baby shower is tomorrow, my birthday is on Sunday and next weekend we are taking a short, but much needed babymoon/staycation. As for the other two months that are to come, I'm trying to figure out how we're going to get through those.

As I laid in bed at 3am last night, not being able to sleep, I kept thinking of how I need to remember to be grateful. There are so many women and couples that would give anything to be pregnant and here I am complaining about some leg cramps, nausea and bruised ribs while a beautiful, healthy baby lay inside me. Thinking about the day when we get to meet our daughter is what keeps me going. Everyone tells us that you can't describe what that moment feels like, we are so excited to finally hold her in our arms and know that feeling! People like to say things like "just wait until you have the endless nights of no sleep" or "you'll never know what being tired really feels like until you have a baby", we get it people, having a newborn is not going to be easy, but we'd take that any day just to hold our daughter in our arms and feel that indescribable love.

We're counting down baby girl...10 weeks/69 days. We love you so much already!

No comments:

Post a Comment