Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our Baby Shower

Last Saturday my mom and my sister-in-law Brooke threw a baby shower for us! They kept a lot of it a secret from me, so I was really curious to see what they had all planned. I was so excited when I walked in and found out it was a book theme! I love kids' books so much and still remember all of my favorites. Apparently so did my mom because on one of the tables was Harold and the Purple Crayon!
Since it's really warm here now, even in the mornings, the shower was inside at my parents' house. They moved furniture out of their living room and set it up with nice tables and chairs. It looked so beautiful and was the perfect space for everything! The centerpieces and all the little details were so fun and we had so many wonderful friends and family that were able to attend.
Then there was the food. Wow, it was so good, I could eat that food every day! We had salads, wraps, veggies and lots of delicious desserts. I love salad and veggies, but the desserts were definitely my favorite part! My mom spent a lot of time making some pretty special desserts and most things were gluten free!
Oh yes, then there were the favors (pictured above). They had bookmarks with a Dr. Seuss quote on them and gummy book worm candies attached, how cute is that!

The games were really fun, I had actually never played these games at a shower before! My mom put one together that was a matching game with book quotes and popular kids' books. I'm sure she knew most of them off the top of her head, she's kind of a kids' book fanatic. ;) The other game was put together by my sister-in-law Tana and it was so much fun! They had a list of everyone's name who was at the shower and you had to match the meaning to the name. Some meanings were really nice and some were pretty hysterical!
We were really blessed and received so many generous gifts for baby girl! We are pretty much set now with just a few small purchases left to make, we did not expect that at all! We can't thank everyone enough for their generosity – baby girl is loved so much! Another fun thing they did was they asked everyone to bring a signed kids' book instead of a greeting card. We ended up with a huge library for baby girl with lots of great books, it was awesome! We've already started reading a few of them to her. :)

We're so grateful to have been able to celebrate this little lady with so many friends and family. We are so touched at everyone's love and generosity! Only two more months until we get to meet her.

1 comment:

  1. love the way you described the party! It looks you enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete