Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Restaurants to Try

Over the past few months, Mike and I have been making more of an effort to not only eat healthy, but change our lifestyle into a healthier one. We've switched to cooking nearly every meal at home and I've started buying a lot more produce (I'm working on buying organic for the dirty dozen) and have been trying to switch to non-GMO food. Surprisingly, Costco has some awesome products that have helped us in this switch! For everything else, we stick to Sprouts. I wish we had a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's closer, but Sprouts seems to have everything we need at reasonable prices anyways.

We do allow ourselves a restaurant budget for the month though, but now that we've been eating healthier, we are actually craving that kind of food instead of the heavy processed kind. It's amazing how that happens, isn't it? Usually we go to Pita Jungle, which we love, but there are only so many times you can go there in a month. :) So, I did some research and found a few other places to try soon!
Ok, so we've already been here a few times, but we love it so much! It's called Thrive! and lucky for us it's right next to Mike's gym and the hospital we are delivering at. They just serve smoothies and bowls, so it's not really a restaurant, but it's a great replacement for breakfast, Starbucks, sugary smoothies and ice cream. Everything is dairy-free and they use no added sugars. It's not exactly cheap, but they use a special acai sorbet that is so amazing, plus they have gluten free granola! I'm definitely sending Mike here when we're at the hospital and I can finally eat. :)


A place I've been meaning to try is Pomegranate Cafe in Ahwatukee. Everything on the menu sounds awesome and they have a ton of gluten free options. Reminds me of Pita Jungle, but with different options...exactly what we're looking for!
I also discovered 24 Carrots while searching online and ironically, it's located in Chandler, the same cross streets that I grew up at! It seems somewhat similar to Pomegranate Cafe, but slightly more casual as it is a juice bar too. Definitely need to try this one!

We also like getting out of the east valley area, so I found a few other places a bit further away:
Fair Trade Cafe
Beckett's Table (we went here for my birthday last year and we love it!)
The Herb Box (I went here once for a work lunch, it was delicious and such a cool place)
Green (I've been here a few times, but it's been a while!)
Nami

Any other places you'd recommend we try? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment