Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Reading List

If my mom is reading this, she's probably thinking, WHAT?! She has always loved reading and I have not been as much into it. I love reading blogs, articles and magazines, but reading books for fun has never been at the top of my list. I hate to admit it, but I'm a tv addict. I love my shows, but lately they have been somewhat boring (maybe its all these horrible summer shows) and I have been enjoying sitting in a quiet room reading a book more so than watching tv. Plus, once baby is here, we want to not have the tv on as much as background noise.

Right now I've been reading mostly birthing and parenting books, but that's not exactly what I want to sit and read by the pool or when trying to relax. So, I'm looking for good book suggestions. I do have a few I've been hearing about and want to check out:


I've seen this one mentioned on multiple summer reading lists and it sounds pretty good. It's about three women who seem to have everyone around them getting married while things in their lives don't seem to be going in the same direction. Even though I'm married and baby is on the way, I think this would be a fun read and give me some perspective on what some of my non-married friends might be feeling...or it would just be entertaining to read, I hear it's pretty humorous.


I love chick lit and The Devil Wears Prada was such a fun read, so I'm hoping this is just as good. I love reading light-hearted books like this...just like I love watching fun, light-hearted chick flick movies. Don't judge me.


Maybe this one can be categorized under parenting books, but I hear it's very interesting and light-hearted. I've been wanting to read this for a while and since we're expecting, it's the perfect time for it.

Any other suggestions??

3 comments:

  1. You should check out “Secrets of a Spiritual Guru” by Tamara Lee Dorris, http://tamaradorris.net/. I just finished reading it and couldn't put it down. I sat by the pool on vacation and read it everyday! Thanks for the book suggestions that you posted, I'm looking for a new one myself and I might check one of these out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read a description of that book and it sounds like a fun read, I will have to check it out! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Bringing Up Bebe! Perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete