Tuesday, August 27, 2013

September Baby?


Oh baby girl, won't you just make an appearance already? I took this pic a few days ago as I watched her roll around side to side, so funny! It's got to be getting pretty crammed in there, you'd think she'd want to just come out already, right?

Had another doctor appointment today and no more progress than last week which is kind of disheartening, but I kind of prepared myself for that so I wouldn't be completely devestated. With all of our many signs of labor, it's surprising we haven't had her yet, but the doctor said my body is just trying to figure out what to do since I've never been through this before. It literally feels like she is just going to fall out every time I walk around, so fun.

At this rate, it's looking like we will have a September baby. For some reason falling into that next month is a bit upsetting and frustrating. Maybe because the entire pregnancy I've had my mind set on just getting to August and now I have to wait for a whole other month to roll around (even though it's just days away). My sister-in-law had the same thing happen with her first and I definitely understand how she was feeling now! Another thing on my mind is that September 1 is the cut off date for school so it feels like her birth is determining a lot for her future. Will she be young or old for her grade?

My nephew insists she will be born this Thursday (his mom/my SIL's birthday) and he's been saying this for a while now. He seems very confident about it too. Maybe him and baby have some sort of special communication?

Oh and we also found out this week that our doctor will be out of town this weekend...over our due date. I'm not terribly upset, I mean she has to get a vacation now and then too, but it's just one of those things you see in movies but don't think will actually happen. Really though we've had her for every appointment since 20 weeks which has been great. She's an amazing doctor and has reassured us throughout this entire process. I'm glad we've been able to have the same doctor through this process who remembers us and our situation and not a different doctor every time. She has two on-call doctors she works with that will be there this weekend if we happen to go into labor. I've researched about them and they have great reviews as well. One is even a naturopathic OB, so I know we'll probably like her. Besides, everyone tells me you only see the doctor at the end during pushing and it's more about the nurses you get throughout the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment