Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcome Back First Trimester?

Well, we're still here and no baby yet. Pretty much every night since Friday we have had things happen where we thought, "this could be it!" Last night it was extreme nausea and flu-like symptoms and now all day today it feels as though I am back in the first trimester. I've read that one of the signs that labor is about to happen is this nausea and flu symptoms, so that's a good sign, but then again everybody is different so who knows how long this will last or when it means we will begin active labor. Hours? Days? WEEKS? Oh please not weeks.

Mike is officially off work now and he has been around all weekend. It's been really nice to have him here and has made these last few difficult days much easier. When I get a strong contraction or get really nauseous, him doing our hypnobirthing methods of relaxation and massage are what has gotten me through that. I think I've been asked by everyone I come into contact with if I'm going to get an epidural or not and my answer is not a cut and dry yes or no. We just don't know yet and we're trying not to put any restrictions on our birth plans. Regardless of whether or not we go natural or opt for the epidural, our hypnobirthing methods have been one of the most useful things we have during this pregnancy and as labor approaches. I'm so happy we took the time to learn those techniques and methods because you just never know what is going to happen. I've heard many, many stories about not having time for an epidural, contractions being 'bearable' if you have methods to cope with them, epidurals only working in half the body or the anesthesiologist not being available. Pregnancy has definitely taught us to be prepared for anything and everything and that no two situations are the same. I think this is going to be something we find in parenting too, so glad we have learned that lesson. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment