Sunday, September 8, 2013

Emma Joyce

Our baby girl decided to make her arrival this past week!

Emma Joyce
September 3, 5:15am
6 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in

All three of us are doing great, Emma and I are very healthy! Will post more about the birth, first week and nursery pictures soon.

We're so happy to finally announce the name to everyone too! We loved the name Emma for a long time but tossed around other options just to be sure. I struggled with thinking it was too popular, but neither of us actually know a baby/kid Emma and we decided since we love it, it doesn't really matter. It's so classic and timeless that it feels like it won't be dated or trendy in 30 years. We love that!

Her middle name Joyce is after my maternal grandmother. The older I get the more I realize how many qualities I get (or would like to get) from my mom..who is similar to her mother (which I also have realized more so after all her humble generosity this week). I love that we can connect Emma to that in some way and hope she gains those qualities throughout her life as well.

As I write this from my phone, I look down at our beautiful daughter who is knocked out from a feeding session (breastfeeding is going great so far, by the way). Mike and I are constantly in awe of her and can't believe she is ours. We are so in love and feel extremely blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment