• Emma and I are canceling our stroller strides/Fit4Mom membership. This makes me sad, but it's what's best for us. I'm a work at home mom, so while I get to have flexibility, I don't have all day to spend with Emma. We have to pick and choose what we do.
• Instead of stroller strides, I'm exploring other fitness options. I'm starting with a Pilates reformer class a couple times a week. I might do a bootcamp or a yoga class as well. I'll keep taking Emma on runs 3-4 times a week too. I've realized I need that "me" time an adults-only fitness class gives.
• We enrolled Emma in an activity class with the town of Gilbert. We plan on having her in at least one class at a time and also making a more conscious effort to take her to things like library story time, play dates, doing at home activities and using our new zoo membership (thanks mom and dad!).
• We are officially done saving for our emergency fund and can move on to the retirement fund and Emma's college (yay!). We also have a fund now to do some work around the house. Our first project is the office and I am SO EXCITED! We're making it a super functional space for all three of us to be in with lots of organization including a family command center on the wall. We're hoping this makes it possible for us to work and still watch Emma. She will have her own desk/chair and play area with art supplies.
• I started a new daily routine over the past few months but haven't been the best at sticking to it with getting sick, sleepless nights and work deadlines. Now that Emma's sleeping through the night I want to get back to that routine. I wake up early, around 6, and get myself together and check into work. Emma gets up around 7:30-8 and I give her breakfast. Then we have our fun time together. We go running, will go to our class, library, art time, etc. We eat lunch at 11 and nap time at 11:30. I work from noon-5 and Mike is with Emma until we have family time at 5, after work. We love this routine!
• Once we are all not sick anymore and I can find some food prep time, we are going to do the Whole 30.
A friend also posted this from Lauren Conrad and I love it!
A bad habit I'm going to break: Going to bed late. I'm not sure why I do this, but it really makes waking up early difficult!
A destination I'd like to visit: We'd love to take Emma with us on a trip somewhere in the Northwest like Portland or Seattle, but San Francisco would be fun again.
I'm going to work harder at: Staying on-task at work and with home duties and balancing everything in life. (Ha, seems impossible, right?)
A project I'd like to finish: Emma's baby book and our 2014 family book.
A class I'd like to take: Pilates/yoga/barre classes.
I'd like to spend more time doing: Fun and creative projects and outings with Emma.
A food I want to eat more of: Plain fruit and leafy greens. I'm so bad at eating fruit and I love leafy greens but never know how to cook them in a creative way.
I want to wear more: Sounds funny, but nicer comfy/workout clothes. It's pretty much all I wear and I'm working on getting better quality stuff instead of things that have been around for years and are falling apart.
Wishing you all a happy 2015!