Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Whole30: Halfway There!

Yesterday was our halfway point through our Whole30 journey! The first few weeks were pretty tiring and exhausting…not only from prepping so much food, but from the foods we were cutting and our bodies getting used to this new way of eating. It's day 16 today and I have officially hit what they call "Tiger Blood!" I even woke up at 5:30 this morning (and not because of Emma)!

If you know me, you know I have gut issues. I'm happy to say that I have not had ANY issues lately and feel so great. No bloated feeling, no stomach aches after meals – it's pretty awesome! We really miss certain foods still and most of all, we miss going out to eat as it's something we really enjoy doing as a family, but we can have that again in 14 days. That's what I love about this program, it's not a forever thing, but we have a totally different perspective on healthy eating now. My hope is that we can eat mostly paleo at home, incorporating some brown rice, quonia and beans into certain meals. After going this long without going to a restaurant, we've decided to try to limit that to once a week after this program is over. It really will save us money too!

Another huge perk is that I am losing my belly pudge that I have never been able to figure out how to get rid of! I'm doing pilates reformer classes too, so I'm sure that's helping too (they are obsessed with workout out core muscles, which is exactly what I need!). I'm feeling stronger, energized and more athletic…although I can tell you that was NOT the case on days 4-9!

Can't believe I'm posting this picture, but here is me yesterday after my pilates class. Feeling good inside and out!



























On Sunday I ran a 10k with my aunt at the PF Changs Rock n Roll marathon. I didn't get in the training I had hoped for (getting sick twice, teething baby, holidays…I know, I still could have done better), so the goal was to just have fun. We really did have a ton of fun, I enjoyed the quality time with my aunt. She is truly such an inspiration, I feel so energized after spending the weekend with her!



No comments:

Post a Comment