Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Whole30 Results!



It's day 31 and we're ready to share results! I must say how proud I am of my husband. He has done so well with this journey and eats anything I make...and is very kind if something doesn't taste quite right. He resisted temptations at multiple family parties, two Suns' games and late night snacking. He put his sugar dragon to rest, a huge accomplishment! He says he just feels so much better and never feels that sick or heavy feeling after a meal. Here's the kicker, he lost 19 POUNDS! He truly dedicated himself to this and I'm so proud of him!

My results are quite different and that just goes to show that this program affects everyone in so many different ways. I lost about 3 pounds, but dropped a clothing size (hardly anything fits now so of course now I need to go shopping, right?!). My stomach is flatter and I feel much leaner. I've been doing strength training with Pilates, so that has been a great compliment to the Whole30. My big results are in how I feel. I struggle with anxiety and I can tell it is much, much better after doing this and I can manage stress a lot better. I am now able to wake up very early and am energized in the morning and ready to start my day. I'm still having a bit of stomach issues, but it has definitely improved. I've learned to eat a large, hearty breakfast which has always been a struggle for me.

I'm so grateful for this experience and have learned so many things about food, recipes and myself. Tonight we are taking a date night and it will be my first night of not cooking dinner in 30 days! Now we begin our journey of learning to balance.

1 comment:

  1. Mike lost 19 lbs! That is great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete