Saturday, January 30, 2016

Updates

It's been a while since my last post so just a few updates. My goals this year are a bit different. I went with a few words instead - be present and intentional. January has been a rough month. I started out motivated at work and determined to spend the day with intention but then I got sick (first puking of this pregnancy ugh), then it turned into a major cold and then Emma got croup. All this was in the middle of a huge deadline at work that I was already behind on. Oh and that same week Mike worked every single night. I wasn't sure if we were going to survive that week! We are finally all healthy again and my deadline made it out the door just in time. Since then I've worked much harder at being intentional with my time so I can be more present. Taking Emma to the park has been such a joy, she is loving climbing up the stairs and going down the slide by herself and I enjoy sitting in the sun soaking in some vitamin d and cheering her on. 

The girls' rooms are coming along. We ordered a bed for Emma that should be here soon and I picked out these fun fabrics to make pillows for her reading nook and bed. We have most stuff purchased, it's just a matter of putting it all together. I can't wait to see it all done!

We started potty training this past week and it hasn't been very smooth or enjoyable for any of us! Emma is in a huge phase of independence right now and it's making many of our mornings very unbearable. It's definitely not helping the potty training. She knows what to do, when to go it and where to do it but is not wanting to. Keeping her in undies this week it going to keep it a bit more relaxed and casual and see if that helps. 

Speaking of that unbearable independent phase we're in...Mike and I desperately needed a night away to focus on us and enjoy time together before this baby arrives. We had a mini babymoon staycation at the Phoenician and had a fun and delicious dinner at FnB - my new favorite place!


No comments:

Post a Comment